Last updated 37 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role
The Product Design Director is responsible for the design direction of the Xero products they oversee as well as the operational excellence of their team. They lead a group of passionate product designers that craft experiences for our customers across multiple product interfaces.
How you’ll make an impact
The Product Design Director leads and mentors our product design team, provides feedback, and coordinates designs that create a holistic user experience. The goal is not consistency, the goal is an experience people love.
The Product Design Director leads by example, contributing design solutions and deliverables. They serve as the partner working with GMs of key product areas and the EGM of the portfolio they support to ensure quality of relationship and work product. This role supports, contributes to and coordinates with the overall design direction of a global design team based in New Zealand, Australia and the US. The Product Design Director is also the local leader for the product design org and is responsible for all team members in their office location including events, rituals, culture and space. They build strong relationships with all parts of the business to define viable approaches/methodologies in line with relevant industry standards and best practices.
Global Design, Product Management, Engineering, Data & Business Intelligence, Customer Support, Product Marketing, Sales, Brand & Marketing
What you’ll do
- Hire and develop managers, leads, and designers to meet business demands and employee development needs
- Lead and coordinate the local team WIP and critique sessions
- Be the point of contact for local product design team (the local design leader)
- Work with the GM Design and other Product Design Directors on key strategic issues
- Define the UX strategy and contribute to the product strategy of your sub-portfolio / product area
- Provide a clear mission to your product design team and empower them to solve the customer problem
- Collaborate with other Product Design Directors to ensure experiences across products are cohesive and connected
- Advocate for data-driven product and design decisions through continuous experimentation
- Along with your design team, produce and share prototypes showing how a user will experience your solution – both the interaction flow and visual design solution
- Collaborate with the product team to implement and improve design patterns, and when needed invent new design patterns
- Work closely with our Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to deliver stunning and effective product interfaces and processes
- Work with Product leaders (e.g. GM Product) to resolve management issues
- Build and maintain positive relationships with other functions
- Maintain regular catch ups / WIPs with your manager (frequency variable as needed)
- Promote design thinking across entire business, so teams think in terms of delivering a beautiful, simple, and smart user experience
- In partnership with product leaders, contribute to, evangelise and enable design-led processes for creating product vision and roadmap
- Provide advice to the marketing and training teams to help maintain a consistent experience between the product and all related promotions and educational materials (website, videos, ads, presentations, training)
What you'll bring
- Significant experience leading multidisciplinary design teams working on complex software
- Demonstrable success in creating. launching, scaling, and maintaining digital products
- Deep understanding of the design process and best practices, and proven ability to define and improve a team’s design practices
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, create clarity, and drive design excellence throughout the organisation
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to create long-lasting trusted partnerships that enable teams to make better products and experiences
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations
- Ability to influence and speak the language of business and design simultaneously and to mixed audiences
- A genuine eagerness to work with mentor, encourage and learn from a diverse and talented team
Read more about the Design practice at Xero here .
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.