|Location:||Karratha, Perth, Port Hedland, Tom Price|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have permanent opportunities for Drill Fitters.
We are currently looking for experienced Drill Fitters to join our team to work on a new product at Tropicana. These positions will be responsible for looking after a drill fleet of MD6250 CAT drills. To be successful in this position, you will need to have experience on surface mine drills.
Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to Maintaining the availability fleet on site and liaising with the client to ensure effective communication and site operations, Investigate and make recommendations to improve fleet performance at a site level, perform Repairs and Maintenance on machine electrical systems.
You will be required to carry out Diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on the fleet, offer mechanical support to WesTrac and customer technicians & Undertake workshop based – machine service or repair as instructed by the customer.
This position is on a 8/6 or 2/1 FIFO roster (ex Perth), working 12 hour days
To be successful the following is required:
- Live the Values - Leads by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules
- Trade Qualified HD Plant Mechanic with post trade experience
- Extensive product knowledge on surface mine drills
- Thorough understanding of electrical systems, schematics and proven diagnostics skills
- Previous experience in the Mining industry
- Valid current drivers licence
- Have sound customer relations skills
- Able to work unsupervised
- Requires excellent fault-finding skills
- Must be a team player
What we offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Various roster types, lifestyle and family friendly
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.