|Location:||Karratha, Port Hedland, Tom Price|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a Permanent opportunity for Driller Fitters.
These positions will be responsible for looking after a drill fleet of MD6250 CAT drills. To be successful in this position, you will need to have experience on surface mine drills.
This position is on a 8/6 or 2/1 FIFO roster (ex Perth), working 12 hour days
- Maintaining the availability fleet on site and liaising with the client to ensure effective communication and site operations.
- Experience with surface mining fleet
- Investigate and make recommendations to improve fleet performance at a site level.
- Diagnosis, repairs and maintenance on the fleet
- Repairs and Maintenance on machine electrical systems
- Offer technical support for the Caterpillar fleet
- Offer mechanical support to WesTrac and customer technicians
- Undertake workshop based – machine service or repair as instructed by the customer
- Live the Values - Leads by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules
- Trade Qualified HD Plant Mechanic coupled with 5 years post trade experience
- Extensive product knowledge on surface mine drills
- Thorough understanding of electrical systems, schematics and proven diagnostics skills
- Previous experience in the Mining industry
- Valid current drivers licence
- Have sound customer relations skills
- Able to work unsupervised
- Requires excellent fault-finding skills
- Must be a team player
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Various roster types, lifestyle and family friendly
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.