|Location:||Karratha, Port Hedland, Tom Price|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a Permanent opportunity for a Heavy Duty Fitter.
The Site Support Technician is the link between the customer, Caterpillar and WesTrac for all information, documentation and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Branch Supervisor, based at Brockman 2 and also supporting the Greater Brockman area, the purpose of this role is to increase the performance, reliability and availability of the designated fleet/product set, by improving the preventative maintenance strategy and equipment effectiveness while also working to reduce customer costs.
This role will pro-actively assist with Preventative Maintenance schedules as well as ensuring all condition monitoring practices are carried out correctly, developing recommendations on maintenance planning, execution and corrective actions. This role will be predominately a hands-on position working alongside site Technician’s, with an expectation of 70% on the tools.
You will also be responsible for completing daily, weekly and monthly reporting as agreed to with the customer, providing technical assistance and support to the customer’s site maintenance staff.
To be successful the following is required:
- Live the Values - Leads by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Previous experience with mining equipment essential
- 3 - 5 years post Trade experience
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5's
- Current C Class Licence (HR Preferred)
What we offer:
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.