|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join the team at our Parkes, NSW Branch as Branch Mechanic (Fitter Mechanic ). Take responsibility for the safe, effective and efficient maintenance, service, overhaul and repair of our extensive range of hire equipment and machinery.
The Fitter Mechanic plays a crucial role in helping to ensure hire equipment at the branch is ready, fit and safe for hire, while providing exceptional customer service to Coates Hire’s customers.
- Efficiently and safely service and maintain the diverse range of hire equipment at the branch following accepted trade practices standards and according to the Silver Service Maintenance program.
- Undertake fault finding and diagnostics across a variety of equipment.
- Keep customers notified and up-to-date in relation to their equipment service requirements.
- Effectively liaise and interact with customers in handing over equipment and showing how to operate it; obtain feedback from customers when equipment is returned; ensure high standards of customer service and interaction.
- Assist with other counter, workshop and yard duties such as customer service, telephone answering, yard duties, loading or unloading vehicles, safe movement and storage of equipment.
Required Skills & qualifications
- Mechanical experience working on capital equipment, ideally in petrol and diesel motors and hydraulics
- Trade qualified Mechanical Fitter
- Safety awareness; safety skills – exposure to JSEA’s
- Computer skills - System use is essential in this role
- EWP and Forklift tickets
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills
Ideally the trade qualifications that you hold and that will be essential to produce, will reflect the following;
Engineering Mechanical Trade
- Cert III – Automotive Mechanical - Light or Heavy – Plant/Earth Moving/Agriculture
- Cert III – Engineering Mechanical Trade – Diesel Fitter
It is preferred that you already hold the tickets (or the ability to gain early on) and significant experience in the use of EWP and forklifts. You must be experienced in the use of computers and confident to be able to navigate systems and mobile devices that are in place to track equipment details. These are all operational requirements of this role.