|Location:||Kalgoorlie - Boulder|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Industry Leader
- Long term government contract
- Based in Kalgoorlie (Not FIFO)
The DM Roads business provides a range of services in road network management. We assist road and intelligent transport systems (ITS) asset owners to extract maximum value from their assets and provide road networks that meet the demand of today’s ever-changing environment. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 33,000 km of road.
We are seeking a driven Civil Supervisor for our Goldfields Esperance Region Rural Network Contract, with the role to be based in Kalgoorlie, WA .
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for;
- Overseeing works delivery crews, ensuring their understanding of the project requirements, scheduling of works, resource allocation and zero harm compliance
- Ensuring all approvals are provided prior to the commencement of works
- Securing and coordinating necessary resources including plant, materials, subcontractors, gravels and construction water for the delivery of programmed works
- Managing all safety, personnel and plant matters in accordance with systems and management plans, including Workplace Relationships and Aboriginal Participation
- Providing advice on technical matters as required
- Regularly reporting of work performance including measuring, monitoring and reporting on KPI
- Providing input to the development of the 10 Year Network Plan (TYNP) and the AWP, as required
This role is ideally suited to candidates with industry exposure across, Civil Road Maintenance, Construction, Infrastructure or Bulk Earthworks.
Worksite Traffic Management qualifications, Certificate IV in Frontline Management, Civil Construction, or Project Management experience will be looked upon favourably.
You will also have;
- Demonstrated and successful experience in a supervisory role gained at a similar level
- Ability to influence and develop a strong safety culture
- Experience in scheduling and programming of routine maintenance activities
- Demonstrable knowledge of road construction and maintenance practices, including materials selection for construction and maintenance
- Sound understanding of pavement construction, bituminous surfacing and asphalting processes and techniques
- Extensive experience with selecting and applying correct treatments for the execution of maintenance work
- Ability to choose and assign appropriate plant and equipment for the execution of maintenance tasks
- Ability to review and implement traffic management plans
- Provide recommendations for improving the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance deliver
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
For more information please contact: Samantha Temple, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner m: 0448 543 200 e: Samantha.Temple@downergroup.com