|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in Darwin - Relocation support provided
Full Time Role (NOT FIFO)
Long Term Government Contracts
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 30,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
An opportunity has become available for a Spray Seal or Asphalt Supervisor to join our Road Services team in Darwin. This role is responsible for the management and delivery of projects, and planned works of varying sizes.
Reporting into the Contracting Manager, you will be accountable to lead and coordinate a crew, whilst managing the plant, suppliers and resources in order to complete works on time, on budget and achieve Downer's Zero Harm.
- Exposure in Asphalt, Surfacing, Spray Seal or road maintenance
- Effective supervision of personnel, plant, machinery and subcontractors on site
- Demonstrated success in managing performance in order to meet and exceed agreed targets
- Successful track record with planning, organising and time management
- Proven ability to drive accountability t hroughout the workforce, including the implementation of robust processes
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated ability with building relationships with key stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of the relevant Occupational Health and Safety regulations and legislative requirements as applied to the road Industry
- Actively participate and support Zero Harm initiatives and strategies
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information about this position contact Paul Dossis – National Recruitment Manager – 0417 076 352 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #570290. Please note emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES