- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Choose a career that connects you globally on a daily basis
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
We are looking for leading architects with a passion for building well engineered solutions, and collaboration with engineering teams and key stakeholders. e.g. leading by example by proving their designs, able to lead POCs or collaborate closely with engineers across multiple teams and organisations to deliver a solution.
This role is based in our Perth office and offered on a full-time basis.
As Cloud and Data Solution Architect, you will liaise with clients to:
- Lead the design and implementation of complex, large scale data driven technical solutions for customers
- Collaborate with solution design and business requirements teams to identify data requirements and influence project artefacts
- Advise on data management practices, approaches and frameworks
- Provide technical guidance as SME and hands on delivery team member across multiple clients and engagements
- Apply and create best practices for big data platform design and architecture
- Lead technology consulting engagements, solution workshops and due diligence
- Contribute to thought leadership, and demonstrate technical expertise in modern AI, analytics, big data and associated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance and architecture
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies.
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Pre-Sales, Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development
We’re looking for people with strong Cloud and Data related Solutioning and Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-paced consulting environment.
As an experience Data Solution Architect, you will bring hands-on Experience designing and delivering a data strategy, along with
- Demonstrable experience in the design, architecture and implementation of complex data solutions, both on-prem and cloud-based
- Good documentation skills with the ability to produce client ready solution architecture, business understandable presentations and good communication skills to lead and run workshops
- Experience with emerging architectural paradigms such as microservices and data fabric
- Technical leadership and the ability to work with a wider group of architects, application teams and business teams to define and socialise architectural concepts and approaches
- Strong skills in Big Data technologies and leading open source technologies such as Apache suite of products
- Ability to assess complexity of data (volume, structure, relationship etc.)
- And experience with defining patterns and solutions for large volumes of complex data
- Ability to define data integration patterns and pipelines
- Ability to design information architecture / use available patterns, define objects and structures
- Ability to estimate complexity, effort and costs
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, IP addresses etc) and security in the cloud concepts (firewalls, IAM etc) is important
- Strong understanding of PaaS, IaaS, SaaS concepts and be able to provide best recommendations to choose amongst them
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients with a proven track record in either consulting in a data/information modelling environment is a big plus
- Analytical mind set and someone that challenges assumptions as a strong problem solver
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects