|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer are proud to be supporting the Central Waikato Networks Outcome Contract with Traffic Management services. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service and excellent results through inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We are looking for a Traffic Management Supervisor to play a vital role in the delivery of Downer initiatives and activities within the Waikato region.
About the role
Based in Taupo, you will be exposed to a variety of projects where you will utilise your TMP design expertise. You will organise, direct and control activities for our Traffic Management Operational crews ensuring contracts are completed to the satisfaction of clients. You will also:
- Supervise the Traffic Management teams to deliver Downer standards.
- Maintain positive supply partner & subcontractor relationships.
- Collaborate effectively with the Client, Stakeholder & Customer.
- Ensure targets including quality, safety, productivity and profit are met.
- Promote a Zero Harm culture mitigating any risks to your team or the public.
It is essential for you to have some knowledge and experience in the Traffic Management and construction sectors. You will be able to demonstrate your supervisory experience with responsibility & accountability for staff, plant and return on investment. Furthermore, you will have the following;
- A Current Full Class 2 Licence,
- Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisors (Practicing) qualification.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- An understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements relating to regulatory and industry standards.
- Working knowledge of COPTTM and how Traffic Management relates to our clients work activities.
This role isn’t for the feint hearted, but the rewards are there for the taking. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Autonomy and the ability to make the role your own
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Tools of trade including vehicle, laptop, phone and uniform
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
How to apply:
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 570047.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.