|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you experienced in the domain of data privacy & information security systems?
- Use your skills to undertake world-leading research
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
CSIRO Data61 is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly talented and motivated research scientist with an outstanding research track in Privacy Enhancing Technologies. As the successful candidate, you will undertake world-leading research activities in the domain of Data Privacy and Information Security, with a focus on data-driven impactful real-life applications. This may include the development of privacy preserving algorithms for data release, privacy preserving data analytics and machine learning, as well as aspects of privacy risk quantification, and the design and development of systems for efficient private data-centric collaboration platforms.
You will work in a vibrant research environment with a talented team of researchers and engineers in the Information Security and Privacy Group of Data61, with unique world leading profiles in Privacy. The group is one of the worlds’ leading research groups in Privacy Technologies and aims to achieve the exciting and challenging goals of enabling the use of data in our digital economy while preserving privacy of individuals and confidentiality of businesses.
- Conduct ground-breaking research in Privacy Preserving Technology and contribute to the group’s R&D projects to deliver world-class research outcome in the form of innovative products, software, IP and top-notch competitive research publications.
- Collaborate with a team of talented and skilled researchers, engineers, and students to contribute to the strategic research activities of the Information Security and Privacy group.
- Communicate with internal and external partners to build Privacy-aware data-driven platforms and to increase awareness of privacy risks and privacy preserving technologies.
Location: Eveleigh, Sydney NSW preferred. Docklands, Melbourne VIC or Black Mountain, Canberra ACT may be considered.
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, information theory and statistics, mathematics, security and privacy or a closely related field and relevant experience in the area of privacy enhancing technologies.
- An outstanding publication track record demonstrated through repetitive published papers in the top information privacy and security conferences and journals.
- An established reputation and credibility within the online information privacy and security community or the data science and machine learning communities with evidence of community recognition.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 28 July 2020, 11:00 pm AEST