|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you have post-PhD experience in the area of data privacy & confidentiality?
- Use your skills to undertake world-leading research
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
If you have an established reputation in the online information privacy and confidentiality community, with an outstanding publication track record; then this is the job for you.
CSIRO Data61 is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly talented and motivated research scientist with an outstanding research track in Privacy Enhancing Technologies. As the successful candidate, you will undertake world-leading research activities in the domain of Data Privacy and Confidentiality focusing on data-driven impactful real-life applications. This may include the development of privacy preserving algorithms for data release, privacy preserving data analytics and machine learning, as well as aspects of privacy risk quantification, and the design and development of systems for efficient private data-centric collaboration platforms.
You will work in a vibrant research environment with a talented team of researchers and engineers in the Information Security and Privacy Group of Data61, with unique world leading profiles in Privacy. The group is one of the worlds’ leading research groups in Privacy Technologies and aims to achieve the exciting and challenging goals of enabling the use of data in our digital economy while preserving privacy of individuals and confidentiality of businesses.
- Conducting ground-breaking research in Data Privacy and Confidentiality Preserving Technology and contribute to the group’s R&D projects to deliver world-class research outcome in the form of innovative products, software, IP and top-notch competitive research publications.
- Collaborating with a team of talented and skilled researchers, engineers, and students to contribute to the strategic scientific activities of the research group.
- Communicating with internal and external partners to build privacy-aware data-driven platforms and to increase awareness of privacy risks and privacy preserving technologies.
Location: Eveleigh, Sydney NSW preferred. Docklands, Melbourne VIC or Black Mountain, Canberra ACT may be considered.
Salary: AU$98k – AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, data privacy, information theory and statistics, applied mathematics, machine learning or a related field with relevant post-PhD experience in the theoretical areas underlying privacy enhancing technologies.
- An outstanding publication track record demonstrated through repetitive high visibility papers which are published in the top peer-reviewed conferences and journals focusing on data privacy or closely related research fields.
- An established reputation and credibility within the online information privacy and confidentiality community, or a closely related field (e.g. data science, information theory, machine learning) with evidence of community recognition.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 29 November 2020, 11:00 pm AEST