The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for HCM/Workforce Management (WFM) Professionals within the People Advisory Services team. While we are flexible on location Sydney or Melbourne would be preferred.
- Create innovative insights for clients, adapting methods and practices to fit project needs;
- Build client networks and relationships
- Use your knowledge and implementation experience to shape our services to meet client needs
- Work on challenging projects across a diverse range of issues and industries
- Leverage your previous WFM experience to develop and deliver fit-for-purpose analysis, recommendations, technology solutions, reports, presentations and other project deliverables
- Work as part of an experienced team that will give you direct access to talented leaders to guide engagement delivery and support your development
- The design and delivery of WFM implementations across a wide range of industries
- Architecting and leading Workforce Management projects to enhance business functionality and overall performance
- Strong track record in end to end implementations across a diverse range of clients using technologies such as Kronos, SAP SuccessFactors (EC, PMGM, LMS, EC Payroll modules), Workforce Software (WFS) or similar
- Workforce optimisation, scheduling, rostering and time and attendance redesign
- WFM systems and process design, systems implementation and effectiveness reviews
- A relevant Degree or Qualification in Business/Commerce, HR, WFM or Information Systems
- Considerable experience in designing and implementing HCM/WFM technology solutions across any of Payroll, Workforce Management, Talent or Employee Experience
- Experience in architecting solutions or project management within a large organisation
- Understanding of WFM related business challenges and how to improve people and business operations
- Consulting experience, including the ability to engage clients and colleagues at all levels and facilitate client discussions and workshops
- Business development/sales experience
- Experience writing winning points of view or proposals
- Experience leading, coaching and supporting people to be part of high performing teams
- Excellent standard of oral and written communication
- Curiosity and desire to challenge the status quo