|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you have an interest in machine learning and artificial intelligence?
- Use your skills to reimagine complex processes to support decision-making
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
In this position you will undertake research in the Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Future Science Platform (MLAI FSP). As the successful candidate you will reimagine complex and constrained bio-geo-physical processes with MLAI to support decision-making. You will focus on the advancement and development of artificial intelligence methods and tools to improve decision-making under uncertainty, interpretability and explainability, optimise, calibrate and improve efficiency of process model computation through the development of computationally efficient algorithms, leverage off different data and information sources and generalise methods to new applications.
- Developing methods for optimal or robust sequential decision-making under uncertainty to solve pressing environmental and societal problems in health, conservation of biodiversity and biosecurity.
- Implementing these methods efficiently using programming tools such as C/C++, R, Python, TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- Carrying out evaluation of the developed software to demonstrate its competitiveness and fitness for purpose.
- Carrying out high impact research of strategic importance to CSIRO, with the aim of achieving innovative and wide-reaching scientific outcomes and ideas for further research.
Location: Sydney NSW or Brisbane QLD Australia
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a Platform-relevant discipline area, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer science, operation research, applied mathematics or applied physics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Solid knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning and optimisation, and the ability to understand and develop mathematically-founded planning and reinforcement learning algorithms.
- High Level computational and programming skills (in Python, R, or C++) to build AI/ML models and conduct analyses.
- Publications in top-tier conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, AISTATS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, AAAI, IJCAI
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Due to unforseen circumstances, this job will now be closing on Sunday 02 August 2020, 11:00 pm AEST