|Job Type:||Full Time|
GE Renewable Energy is focused on providing wind, hydro and innovative power solutions for customers around the globe. With over 125 years of experience powering the world, GE has now become the largest renewable energy producer in the world, providing a wide range of offerings to meet customer needs. www.gerenewableenergy.com
About the Role
This role reports into the Commercial Operations team in Australia and is focused on project proposal and contracting activities up to the point of securing order. The Contract Manager (pre-contracts) will develop and negotiate Balance of Plant subcontracts, JV or consortium agreements that support EPC contracts for the construction and delivery of Wind Farm projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with The Commercial and Project Delivery team to develop the EPC turnkey contracting strategy for individual projects, including the adoption of consortium, subcontract or joint venture structures Engage with shortlisted subcontractors to develop and negotiate key contract terms & conditions, along with price and corresponding scope
- Develop and implement subcontract procurement strategies to deliver cost reductions, mitigate risk and facilitate more efficient project execution
- Lead contract negotiations and drafting as well as finalisation of contract documentation
- Provide commercial inputs to support GE’s Risk Management process and ad-hoc bid strategy and decision meetings
- Actively participate in the handover from Commercial order phase to Project execution phase
- Support the development of a commercially sound local vendor / subcontractor database and maintain reviews of already prequalified subcontractors
- Identify, negotiate and implement framework opportunities which may provide commercial advantage or efficiencies in line with business requirements
- Ensure compliance with policies, directives and ensure maintenance of PMO endorsement of subcontracting procedures and contract models
- Demonstrable experience in performing a similar role
- Qualification in Engineering, Law or a relevant commercial discipline
- Proficiency in structuring contracts and drafting legal provisions
- Experience with power generation project (ideally wind power) commercial structures
- Expert negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to take the lead in negotiations, understand relevant technical issues, deploy effective problem-solving skills and exercise sound commercial initiative and judgement
- Development of management systems
- Superior stakeholder management skills as well as the ability to manage conflicts
- Strong work ethic, proactive engaging personality and be ability to deliver presentations and perform site level training on multiple work fronts.
What's on Offer
At GE, we are committed to providing a working environment that is diverse, flexible, and inclusive.
Our benefits include:
- Modern, agile offices in multiple locations across the country
- A generous paid parental leave policy
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Long term career opportunities (locally and globally)
- Flexible working options
- Generous discounts for goods & services via our employee benefits program (think travel, entertainment & shopping!)
If you are passionate about working for an organization that imagines things others don’t, builds things others can’t, and delivers outcomes that make the world better, we would love to hear from you.