|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Opportunity based in Geelong
- Employment stability - permanent full-time position
- Competitive remuneration package on offer including vehicle and phone
Based in Geelong and reporting to the General Manager, we are seeking a responsible, organised and experienced individual to join our team as an Area Manager – Allens Asphalt VIC . In this role you will be responsible for maximising the profit and financial performance of the business through the effective and efficient management of the contracting process.
- Manage the delivery of major contracting operations within the Geelong region in VIC
- Lead and drive OH&S and Environmental management
- Represent Allens Asphalt as a senior management representative
- Work with the wider Allens Asphalt operations and estimating team to secure contracting projects
- Develop strategic solutions for long term sustainability
- Manage expansion of operations including capital investment
- Plan and develop increased skill levels and competency across all employees, and
- Prepare reports as required on works in progress, costs, variations, market trends and competitor activities.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience in managing commercial aspects of projects
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering or related discipline
- Asphalt and Spray Sealing industry experience
- Proven experience in contracting operations
- Experience in long term strategic management of operations
- Commitment to ZeroHarm and demonstrated safety leadership behaviours
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with personnel, and to lead and influence people, and
- Personal drive and results-orientation.
- Employment stability - permanent full time opportunity
- Competitive remuneration package including tool of trade vehicle
- Full relocation package available for the right candidate
- Opportunity to work in a highly successful team in a busy market
- Genuine career development opportunities
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
About Allens Asphalt & Boral:
Allens is an established South East Queensland business and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Boral Ltd. Allens Asphalt is a quality oriented company offering personal, professional and committed services for the supply and lay of all asphalt products, bitumen spray seal and associated services.
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.