|Location:||Dandenong South, Perth|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Systems Safety Engineer to join our highly skilled engineering team based at our Melbourne Office. The Systems Safety Engineer will provide a valuable contribution to the development of new systems and processes, provide technical support across all Engineering functions to minimise hazards and facilitate the elimination of risks through ongoing group assessments. The role will also be involved in Implementing improvement strategies that will directly have impact on reliability, performance and financial viability.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Systems Engineering, engineering safety management, or a related discipline
- 5+ years in-discipline experience in systems safety within a rail or rail infrastructure environment.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and guidelines including:
- ONRSR Major Project Guideline
- ONRSR Meaning of Duty to Ensure Safety SFAIRP Guideline
- RISSB Systems Safety Assurance Guideline
- Experience preparing, facilitating and reporting on Hazard Analysis activities (SiD, PHA, SHA, SSHA, OSHA, IHA).
- Experience managing a hazard log.
- A strong ability to manage conflicting technical system demands, from identification through to resolution.
- A track record of engineering systems development with proven ability in requirements management, engineering safety management, change management, continuous improvement and delivery implementation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to break down complex concepts to all levels of the business.
- Experience in rail is highly regarded but not essential
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on key rolling stock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- Competitive remuneration package
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES