|Job Type:||Full Time|
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities within our Rail Systems Engineering Team as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
Due to this planned expansion we are now seeking experienced and enthusiastic Signal Electrician to join our progressive Rail Signalling Team to help build sustainable, long lasting infrastructure solutions for New South Wales.
You will be part of a dynamic team where you will have the opportunity to share your expertise and have a major impact on project outcomes.
As the Signal Electrician, you can anticipate some of your daily duties will include:
- Install, maintain and repair signalling equipment including telemetry equipment in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Repair and adjust electrical and mechanical signalling equipment as required.
- Test and assist with testing of Signalling equipment and systems as appropriate to the level of competencies held.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with technical and operational specification and standards including work activities performed by subordinate employees.
- Maintain all records and associated documentation relating to asset condition, maintenance programs and costing systems.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- Must have all the following accreditations and certificates:
- A current Statement of Competency for ARTC and/or Sydney Trains.
- Cert IV in Rail Signalling or have equivalent training and experience.
- Cert III in electrical trades.
- Have a passion for delivering superior service across our organisation
- Demonstrated capability in Signal Construction with strong experience to major Rail infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of wayside signalling equipment
- Experience with Sydney Trains or ARTC Rail systems is essential
- Proven experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 major civil contractor desirable
- NSW Electrical Fitter and Mechanic Licence
- C Class Drivers Licence – NSW
WHAT WE OFFER
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse fun and supportive workplace culture. Downer believes in our people; and we are committed to ensuring that you feel valued within the team that share the same passion to succeed. Downer gives you the opportunity to work remotely as part of its commitment to flexibility and remaining agile in such a progressive business.
HOW TO APPLY
To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES