|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Take your career to the next level
- Be part of changing the shape of Rail Engineering
- Perth CBD, FIFO or Karratha residential based
The Rio Tinto Iron Rail Engineering Team are, along with the Rail Maintenance and Operations teams, at the core in delivering our business objectives to reliably and safely deliver iron ore to 4 ports from 16 mining operations across 1,700km of captive rail network.
Within Rail Engineering, we provide technical expertise and guidance to support and continually improve the Rio Tinto Iron Ore Rail Network.
About the role
Due to continued growth we are expanding the team and are currently recruiting for a Signal Engineer. Reporting to the Specialist Signals Engineer, for Rail Signalling systems, you will be:
- Provides technical support to Rail Maintenance, Rail Operations, Rail Engineering, and project delivery teams
- Participate in targeted projects/activities to meet the asset management strategy, objectives and plans
- Participates in process to manage compliance to safety, engineering, performance standards
- Contributes to the development of asset management plans to meet the asset management strategy
- Implements improvement engineering solutions to ensure sustainable asset performance and risk management
- Approving engineering design details, testing and commissioning plans, equipment types and technical changes to standards
- Verifying and validating signalling design implementation activities to minimize business interruption and help the project delivery teams to meet project schedules
To be successfully considered for this role you will have:
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
- Tertiary qualified: reliability, controls systems, electronic systems and electrical engineer
- Well-rounded understanding of signalling concepts and principles, including “safety in design” principles
- Experience in more than one area of signalling such as concept and detailed design, installation, commissioning, interface design and management
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in the development of System Requirements and Standards
- Ability to work in a team and safety conscious environment
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.