|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is currently providing a virtual model of the real world – at a scale and detail that hasn’t been done before. At Nearmap, we have an appetite for high performing individuals, and we are currently seeking an IT Manager.
As IT Manager you will be responsible for Nearmap's corporate IT systems and for making sure employees have the IT systems & support they require. You will manage and provide leadership to the IT staff and will work closely with other departments to make sure the business has the IT resources it needs.
You have the luxury of bringing your own individual strengths to this role which will empower you to dive into the deep-end and do what is necessary to succeed. You will thrive in a flexible and diverse environment that craves leaders to improve the way things get done with a no-fear, can-do attitude.
A bit more about the culture…
At Nearmap, every opinion matters, our business model partnered with our open-door management style gives you the opportunity to make an impact. Our Nearmappers see the world differently and are intently focused on delivering the best location content in the world. Having a shared goal and a lot of fun reaching it is how our Nearmappers truly flourish at their home away from home. We're all super down-to-earth - except when we're in the sky capturing fresh imagery!
A typical day for you may look like this…
- Accounting for availability, up time, security and confidentiality of corporate IT systems.
- Managing IT budget, providing regular cost reporting and looking at ways to reduce spend and optimize cost.
- Working with other departments to ensure best practices are followed with regards to security and availability for systems owned by those departments.
- Building and maintaining vendor relationships and managing the purchase and asset tracking of IT assets.
- Responsible for ensuring all Nearmap offices are fully equipped.
- Continually looking at how we can improve, through people, process & technology.
- People managing Local Help Desk.
- Building a top-class IT team through development & mentoring.
- Driving high performance in the team through managing, coaching and providing quality feedback.
- Identifying training and development needs and providing the resources needed to develop team members.
More about what you need to bring…
- 10+ years IT experience and at least 3+ years’ experience in team leading / management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related technical qualification
- Budgeting experience
- Strong experience with AWS, Mac OS, Windows, IOS, Android
- Experience managing networks
- Managing remote teams
- Experience with Cloud based IT systems (AWS)
- Ability to communicate across all levels and areas of the business
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
Some of our perks include…
- Competitive pay, bonus plan and Employee Share Scheme
- Flexible working environment, work life balance is a necessity
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development
- Ergonomic workstations with sit stand desks
- Fortnightly massages
- Free reign of Nearmap’s products
- Free healthy breakfast, snacks & lunches available in our kitchen with water views
If this experience excites you and you are ready to join the Nearmap family, please apply!
Watch our culture video below and find out more about what a day at Nearmap looks like!