|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- 3 days per week (flexibility with days) – Immediate Start
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a QUALITY ENGINEER (PART TIME)
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created part time role (3 days per week), you will be responsible for delivering a broad range of planned quality activities designed to provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the business area. In addition to this, you will ensure quality standards are maintained to the satisfaction of internal and external customers.
In addition to the above, you will also be responsible for:
- Planning Quality activities to assure program outcomes.
- Performing Supplier Evaluation and Approval.
- The provision of Project and Production Quality support by performing document and quality record review.
- Assisting with Project Reporting Requirements and the Review and Disposition of Non-conforming Product where required.
- Liaising with subcontractor representatives, client representatives and classification societies as appropriate.
- Performing receiving inspection activities to ensure all material being received comply with all relevant specifications and requirements.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain to a minimum of Baseline.
- Good understanding of Import/Export control processes including UK, EU and US regulations (ITAR).
- Competent with planning, implementing, mentoring and training in Continual Improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience in a Quality Engineering role (preferred).
- Lead Quality Auditor certification by a recognised training provider, such as Lloyds, SAI Global etc.
- Tertiary degree qualification - Formal Quality Qualifications or a Diploma of Quality Management.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.