|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Software leadership opportunity available to work on interesting technology research and product development projects
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Architect in our Future Technologies Group team in Richmond, Victoria.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
The Future Technologies Group is a hub of innovation and exciting projects – the technology research and product development projects we are working on are truly interesting and unique. An opportunity now exists for a committed Software Architect to provide leadership and be responsible for the software architectural design across a number of product development projects.
This rewarding position will report to the Engineering Manager - Technology Development and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. A part-time arrangement will also be considered to accommodate your lifestyle needs.
This opportunity will see you
- Provide robust and modular software architecture and software technical solutions
- Provide leadership, mentor early career engineers and enhance software capability
- Capture software requirements and convert into design implementation
- Oversee the verification and validation of software designs
- Lead software systems integration activities
- Champion the use of best practice software engineering processes and methods across the product development projects
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive software engineering experience and experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle
- The demonstrated ability to lead, develop and inspire engineering teams, fostering a high performance culture
- Experience in developing software in a variety of technologies such as C, C++, Java, Python, Atlassian tool suite, Matlab or Simulink
- A relevant tertiary level university degree
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer management skills
- An understanding of systems engineering and the translation of systems requirements into software requirements and software architecture
Whilst not essential, software engineering/development experience within a technology research and product development environment will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.