|Job Type:||Full Time|
The possibilities are endless
- Partner closely with our evolving and changing supermarkets businesses
- Project focussed role with the opportunity to work from home or our Norwest support office
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference.
The Workplace Relations Team is made up of three smaller, connected teams: Workplace Relations, Employee Relations and ER Advisory. The Employee Relations team provides professional, expert case management support to all Group businesses and we’re now seeking two project focussed individuals to join our team.
These 6-month contract roles are specifically designed to focus on the end-to-end case management of long-term ill and injured team member cases for our Woolworths Supply Chain businesses nationally.
Whilst bringing to life our company values of “team first culture” and “we care deeply”, you’ll be responsible for:
- Reviewing, progressing or closing long term ill or injured team member cases through a dedicated, project-like focus
- Communicating with and supporting ill and injured team members throughout the process, including developing an understanding of each individual’s fitness for work and preferences for employment or redeployment, showing care and respect for their unique needs
- Liaising with line managers and other stakeholders to understand case history, concerns and business needs, ensuring line managers understand the process
- Obtaining appropriate medical information and referring for medical assessments, understanding fitness for work and interpreting medical requirements
- Maintaining excellent communication of progress including flagging roadblocks with key stakeholders, through regular updates, reports and check-in meetings
- Providing subject matter expertise and advice
- Identifying ways to improve the overall service and knowledge across the Woolworths Group on supporting long term ill/injured case management and collaborating with peers and ER leadership on continuous improvement opportunities.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for two focussed and results driven team members who can demonstrate significant experience in end-to-end case management of ill and injured workers, combined with a demonstrated track record of managing and closing cases. In addition you’ll have;
- Experience in managing cases requiring the assessment, support and management of ill or injured workers from start to finish, including advising and managing stakeholders and decision-makers.
- An understanding and interpreting medical advice, working with medical and allied health professionals to understand the individual needs of workers and apply medical advice to practical workplace scenarios.
- Exceptional employee relations and dispute resolution skills including a deep understanding of processes for return to work, creating modified work arrangements and managing termination of employment or separation.
- Very strong verbal communication skills. Excellent ability to build rapport with workers, stakeholders, medical professionals and advisors in a way that creates trust and openness.
- Demonstrated ability to show care and empathy when managing cases, able to develop rapport and respect individual needs and concerns.
- Excellent written skills, in particular the ability and capacity to translate complex issues into straightforward language for a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to pursue clear targets and goals.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.