|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
We have an exciting opportunity within our crew in here in Whanganui. We are busy completing infrastructure maintenance work within our Alliance Contract and we are looking for a motivated individual to come join our crew and help us make a difference.
About the role:
As a Labourer you will be tasked with manual labouring duties and some operating of light trucks/machinery within the crew undertaking bridge and other structures maintenance.
If you enjoy spending your day outdoors and on your feet, this could be the role for you!
So what do we offer?
- Stable working environment
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment being provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
Along with your positive attitude and your commitment to safe workplace practices there are a few essentials, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- You will hold a minimum Class 1 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence (preferably Class 2 or at least able to commit to completing within a specified time)
- Ideally have experience in operating a variety of light civil machinery is advantageous
- Work well in a team environment, but can work well alone when required.
Ultimately we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn, grow and develop themselves within our business.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 569810 apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.