|Job Type:||Full Time|
We have opportunities within our crew in Whanganui as we are busy delivering our Alliance Infrastructure Maintenance Contract. We are looking for motivated individuals to come join us to help us make a difference and be a part of our cutting-edge projects.
This role offers a rare and exciting combination of the duties of a Drainlayer as well as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Operator, which will get you involved in operating a range of machinery from excavators, trucks, loaders and rollers along with drainage and labouring duties. In this role, you will be someone that is not afraid to get their hands dirty and gets involved in a wide range of maintenance and renewal activities within the crew.
We have two positions available and one of the positions will encompass drain laying duties, so if you are a certified or registered drain layer and are keen to gain some machine operating experience, then we want to hear from you!
So what do we offer?
- Job security and a rewarding hourly rate in a friendly and professional environment
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and other benefits
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment being provided
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career – this is just the start!
Along with your positive attitude and your commitment to safe workplace practises there are a few essentials, but don’t stress too much if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you:
- You will hold a minimum Class 2 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence with WTR endorsements
- A proven track record of operating a variety of civil machinery is advantageous
- Certified and registered drain layer licence
- Work well in a team environment, but can work well alone when required
If you can commit to work Monday – Friday with the flexibility to work weekends and on call then we want to hear from you! Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn, grow and develop themselves within our business.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you? Do not delay! Seize the opportunity to secure your future with Downer APPLY NOW!
Visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter 569812 into the keyword search.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.