|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Safe, Fast and Always Reliable - The Future of Cloud Infrastructure Today. Global Operations Learning & Development is looking for a Learning & Development (L&D) Field Operations Trainer to support our Datacenter teams. Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) group plans, delivers, and operates Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure to bring compute capacity to over 200 Microsoft internet/web properties worldwide. Within CO+I, our Global Datacenter Operations team delivers trustworthy and reliable cloud services through safe, flawless, and efficient operation of our global datacenters.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers, managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
As part of the Global Training Operations L&D Team, you will contribute to and drive programs establishing: workforce training needs analysis; involvement in operations change and adoption activities; evaluation/reporting on L&D training initiatives for FTE and vendor personnel; and integrating learning solutions into operational planning initiatives.
As a successful L&D Technical Trainer, your performance objectives will consist of:
- Facilitate live classroom instruction credibly with experienced datacenter staff
- Close collaboration with Trainers, datacenter operations stakeholders, vendor management, and internal/external customer and L&D partners.
- Analyzing data from training and operations metrics to identify business needs and opportunities to improve learning-solution development and delivery.
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with vendor companies
- Perform day to day project check-in and update to manage project delivery and quality
- Identify operations risks, training gaps, and learning opportunities and communicate to stakeholders and other teams to drive resolution
- Gather and provide feedback on lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
- Work with Engineering teams, Operations planning, and technical customer representatives to drive emergent training needs
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Maintain your personal technical proficiency in tools and procedures relative to the needs of your datacenter
- Coordinating with the L&D PMs and datacenter leadership to ensure that assigned training is complete & on time
- Coordinating with the L&D PM’s and vendor management to ensure all required training per current statements of work is complete per existing agreements
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
Basic Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Datacenter IT Operations across various functions, or 4+ years of technical experience in comparable IT, Logistics, or Critical Facilities operations
- Exceptional written and Interpersonal skills: communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders and leaders about our programs and objectives.
- College or university degree, US Armed Services Honorable Discharge, or additional 2+ years’ experience
- Proficient at Microsoft Office products and collaboration software for virtual training
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in training and readiness operations or demonstrated project management skills
- Analysis and writing: ability to diagnose or represent training data and anecdotal feedback in meaningful ways
- Operational Planning & Project Management: show structured thinking, planning, and ability to execute
- Able to work independently and as part of a globally diverse team, collaborate with remote team members, and local Datacenter Management teams in support of training initiatives
- Industry framework certification ITIL, Prince, Lean Six Sigma
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires Australian Citizenship to meet government security requirements.
- NV1/2, PV Clearance Assessment: This position may require an enhanced background check conducted through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.