|Job Type:||Full Time|
Retail Analytics - Junior Product Owner | Bella Vista
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on a customer’s face.
So if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you.
About the Team:
The Retail Analytics team operates at the intersection of the Woolworths Food Buying Group, Information Management; and Data Partnerships. We collaborate to provide insight on problems, opportunities, current market trends, to shape successful business decisions and generate innovative ideas.
Within the team we have a mix of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Testers, Scrum Masters, BI Developers and Data Developers. This is a very exciting time for Retail Analytics, with the team is in the midst of adopting agile while at the forefront of utilising our new cloud based data platforms.
About the role:
As a Junior Product Owner, you will support the Woolworths Food business to manage a small suite of analytic applications and dashboards to provide actionable insights to the business. Working with key stakeholders, you will gather the requirements to decipher the business problem and work end to end to construct an analytical solution.
Further to this you be responsible for;
- Maintaining and prioritising the backlog
- Facilitating the execution of the development plan
- Shaping the change and communications plan
- Developing strong working relationships across technical and business stakeholders
- Challenge norms and influence people with the support of data driven insights
- Mentor and promote agile practices within the team
This role is for a data and digital evangelist, somebody who has a passion for driving business and customer decisions based on data and analytics. With an analytical mindset, you will use this data, analysis and insights to drive personalised experiences to our retail customers. As a passionate Junior Product Owner, you will have previous experience executing and delivering data strategies in a large complex organisation.
Further to this you will demonstrate the following skills & attributes;
- Strong knowledge and experience in delivering business critical data projects.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI in an enterprise environment
- Experience using SQL to help facilitate a clear understanding of data requirements
- Ability to work with key business stakeholders for requirements gathering and ongoing engagement as high quality customer facing dashboards and reports are being refined.
- Proven self-starter with an ability to work within ambiguous environments
- A degree in analytics, digital or visual communications or related field; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
- Collaborative working style, with superb written and oral communication
- Understanding of and/or experience with some of these tools would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of programming languages
We’re resourceful, innovative and willing to experiment. We give you the autonomy to do things your way and make a real impact. We’re a new team with a real focus on culture and a great work-life balance. If this role sounds of interest to you, connect with us.
We’re social! #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI , Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au #work180
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.