|Job Type:||Full Time|
A career that makes a real difference.
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia?
If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape.
We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
As nbn’s focus on end-user increases as does the amount of personal information nbn holds about Australians. As a company nbn is looking at new and innovative ways to deliver excellent customer experience which involves the use and sharing of personal information.
As a result, it is critical that nbn manages the associated privacy risks as it does so by taking an effective three lines of defence approach
A bit about your role
This position exists to support the Privacy Engagement Team in leading, developing, enhancing, and running nbn’s privacy program, ensuring that key initiatives relating to privacy are effectively delivered and that resources are optimised. It also involves assisting the Privacy Engagement Team with triage of requests and providing privacy risk management guidance.
The Privacy Engagement Analyst has a focus on the operational requirements of the team, including request management triage, team processes and metrics, reporting, knowledge management and assisting with other elements of the privacy risk management program.
This is a growth role, where the privacy analyst will develop their privacy skills and ability to assist the privacy business partners giving privacy guidance across nbn.
In addition to this, the Privacy Engagement Analyst will:
- Act as the triage point for queries and requests that come into the Privacy Engagement team and ensure that all activities are appropriately logged, monitored, tracked and reported. This includes doing initial privacy risk reviews of documentation or request, for example privacy checklists completed by the business
- Ensures all documentation including RACIs, processes, policy, toolkits, training materials etc are up to date and accessible. Keeps the team’s sharepoint site up to date and accurate. Develops and updates templates as required
- Ensures all reporting and metric requirements are met by working closely with the Privacy Engagement team and other key stakeholders within nbn
- Assists with creation of presentation content, training materials and is the interface for the Privacy Engagement Team with the Security Influence Team with regards to privacy awareness project management
- Ad hoc tasks relating to delivery and measurement of the privacy risk management framework and business portfolio engagement as directed by the GM – Security Influence and Privacy Engagement
A bit about you
The Privacy Engagement Analyst will have a background in a related business role, for example compliance, process excellence or risk management with exceptional knowledge of privacy law and policy along with a real interest in learning about the security and privacy space.
You will have experience working in a large enterprise, either commercial or government or similar complex environment with excellent organisational skills, the ability to influence senior people to meet deadlines and communicate clearly and effectively with a huge range of stakeholders and seniority in an engaging manner.
Life at nbn
Please note that this role will be a Permanent opportunity and this role can be considered for a 4 day week.
We make it easier for people from any career background to thrive. You’ll benefit from formal learning programs to support ongoing development in professional and business capabilities. There are also a number of informal, on the job learning opportunities to help further your development.
The nbn™ broadband access network is delivering the technology that will shape Australia’s future. As one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia’s history, working at nbn is a once in a lifetime career opportunity, where no two days are the same.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.