|Job Type:||Full Time|
Established in Australia in 1999 and still privately owned, we offer a variety of specialised products such as competitive General, Pet and Bicycle Insurance through our Agencies and Partners.
At Hollard we are agile, continuously growing and gaining market share and we value creating strong partnerships that last – we're proud winners of the 2019 ANZIIF Large General Insurer of the Year award.
About the role:
As a Solution Architect you will work closely with Business Stakeholders, Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts and the Technology team to shape solutions that will position Hollard for future growth.
Within Technology, you will be an integral member of the team that successfully delivers for Hollard. You will present your solutions, describing complex technology concerns in easy to understand language to a broad set of stakeholders. You will play an active role in reviewing new technologies.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will be required to design and support delivery of solutions, working concurrently on programs of work that may span across a wide range of architecture and functional domains. These may include Digital enablement, Core Platform replacement, M&A activities, Cloud migrations, Data and Analytics, Cyber Security etc.
- Manage solution related activities that take place during initiation, design, and implementation
- Analyse the high level functional and non-functional requirements to support solution design
- Perform current state solution analysis to understand, document and determine suitability against requirements
- Document and communicate solution options to decision making bodies
- Support RFI, RFP and proof of value prototype development
- Collaborate with Technical Leads/Senior Developers to also understand their perspective and take that into consideration as part of the solution design
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of solution architecture designs, assuring they are fit for purpose and closely align to the enterprise architecture roadmap and standards
- Collaborates and coordinates with Enterprise architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures
- Hold solution walk-through sessions with a broad range for business, technical and external stakeholders
- Resolve solution challenges by acting as the bridge between the business and technology teams. This will include making sure that solution designs are up to date and current
- Responsible for ensuring what was designed is what is delivered.
Knowledge and skills:
- 8+ years' demonstrable experience in Solution Architecture Design, preferably in Insurance with exposure to the emerging trends and current challenges for Insurers
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or similar Technology field is highly regarded
- Experience in designing solutions targeted at the cloud, preferably Azure
- Excellence in guiding project/technical resources to implement complex systems integration and cloud-related solutions
- Experience with contemporary engagement methods, including Proof of Concepts
- Knowledge of Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps methods
- Ability to position cloud technology against solution requirements
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with dispersed teams
- Ability to manage ambiguity, whilst producing tangible results.
Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure
To submit your application, please apply online using the link below. We're looking forward to meeting you.
For a confidential discussion about the role and any reasonable physical adjustments and/or flexible workstation requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to hear more on our Diversity and Inclusion practices email email@example.com
It is the policy of Hollard Insurance that all new employees consent to a police background check.
We are not accepting unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies at this time.