|Job Type:||Full Time|
Established in Australia in 1999 and still privately owned, we offer a variety of specialised products such as competitive General, Travel, Pet and Bicycle Insurance through our Agencies and Partners. At Hollard we are agile, continuously growing and gaining market share, and proud winners of the 2019 ANZIIF Large General Insurer of the Year award.
About the Role
The Customer Resolution team are responsible for Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) and External Dispute Resolution (EDR) for Personal Lines. They play an integral role in ensuring that disputes are handled fairly and in a manner that reflects well on our reputation. They collaborate internally to contribute knowledge and insights to help improve the customer experience and reduce future complaints and disputes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an outstanding people leader with sound dispute management skills who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer outcomes and has a focus on continuous improvement. These are the specific accountabilities:
- Responsible for the support and development of the Customer Resolution team, ensuring we have a highly skilled and engaged team.
- Guide the team in the investigation and resolution of complaints received directly from customers, their representatives, Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) or escalated internally.
- Take responsibility for the Customer Resolution Committee to ensure that appropriate outcomes are reached.
- Liaise with senior management to provide commercial outcomes and appropriate solutions for escalated complaints.
- Identify, analyse and drive effective communications with other teams on root causes of complaints and systemic issues. Recommend improvements which enhance the customer experience, increase efficiencies and comply with regulatory obligations.
- Coach and develop internal stakeholders on relevant aspects of complaint-handling process as well as support other teams within Hollard Insurance as required.
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to the management of customer complaints.
- Ensure the organisational obligations, procedures and compliance standards are adhered and aligned to Hollard’s policies and guidelines.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Sound working knowledge of internal & external dispute resolution legislation for finance and insurance, and a strong working knowledge of Insurance Contract Act, Corporation Act and General Insurance.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Dispute Resolution, Legal, Claims, Product or Underwriting role within a general insurance environment or similar highly-regulated environment.
- Proven track record in a similar position of managing a Complaints function within a Financial Services organisation (desirable).
- Proven ability to support, develop and guide people.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise fair and impartial judgment along with excellent time management skills.
- High degree of empathy and experience in resolving difficult and complex customer complaints.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders; and be highly collaborative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong negotiation skills.
- Focused to have tough conversations and when required, deliver difficult messages constructively and in a manner that fosters positive ongoing relationships.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to make decisions within challenging circumstances.
- Well-developed critical judgement and analytical skills to underpin decision-making.
- Chance to be part of a supportive, fun, valued and committed team.
- Challenging, rewarding and flexible work environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Great staff benefits and corporate discounts.
To submit your application, please apply online using the appropriate link below. We're looking forward to meeting you.
Please note: It is the policy of Hollard Insurance that all new employees consent to a background check.
For a further confidential discussion about the role and any reasonable physical adjustments and/or flexible workstation requirements please contact email@example.com.
If you would like to hear more on our Diversity & Inclusion practices please email firstname.lastname@example.org.