|Job Type:||Full Time|
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Signalling Design Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work on designs for complex rail signalling projects. This will include all aspects of signalling activities (circuit design, architecture drawings, control tables, interlocking principles and power calculation, design etc).
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Work with the team to produce interlocking designs, based on typical design input documents, such as; Signalling Principles, Signalling Arrangement Plans, Interface Specifications, System Specifications, and Functional Specifications
- Producing Signalling circuit drawings, Computer Based Interlocking (CBI) and axle counter architecture layout drawings, Cable running plans, CBI Network Diagrams and CBI application data
- Managing the configuration and the change request processes for dedicated systems for delivery
- Coordinating with the System Design team, Data Preparation team, Verification and Validation team and the project engineering manager
- Contributing to improvements by proposing innovative features with added value for the final customer
- Participate in site testing and commissioning activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Software, Systems, Electrical or Communications) or similar
- Experience within complex signalling design/multidisciplinary projects with an underpinning knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, standards, components, and fabrication methods
- Experience in relay interlocking and computer based interlocking (preferably ElectrologIXS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working within rail signalling, ideally with knowledge and experience in Pilbara heavy haul railways.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to grow your career with a market leader! This role is initially a fixed task opportunity, however, with a supportive team environment and ongoing training and development, options for extension and to move into other areas within the Alstom Group are strong.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.