|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Motivated Applications Administrator required for interesting work
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as an Applications Administrator within our Applications Team at Edinburgh Parks.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Applications Team Leader the Application Administrator is responsible for technical and functional software product support, maintenance and development that are managed to provide a cost effective solution to the business or customer.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Administration and support of Linux (Red Hat) and Windows based business systems applications such as Teamcentre, Windchill, Maximo, DOORS, Cameo Systems Modeller, and Atlassian suite.
- Support of Oracle, MS SQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Maintain Software Roadmap.
- Apply vendor patches and updates to applications.
- Manage, track and report on licence usage and renewals.
- Effective configuration and change management control of all application environments.
- Complete technical investigations on Problem Reports and Change Notices.
- Comply with engineering processes and procedures imposed by the relevant management plans.
- Stakeholder management across other ICT teams, other parts of the project and our customer community.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Familiarity with Linux (Red Hat) and Windows operating systems and environments.
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in change management and configuration control.
- Knowledge of cyber security and Information Systems Security Policies and Procedures including the Defence Security Principles Framework.
- A willingness to provide out of hours support as required coupled with a can do attitude.
- A strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.