|Job Type:||Full Time|
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Reporting to the Regional Legal Services Lead you will act as a liaison to the CSL Business Partners by providing legal advice and support through the contracting lifecycle, delivering high quality & efficient standard contracting support, and legal training support for CSL Business Partners.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of standard agreements applicable to the region such as Master Services Agreements, Service Agreements (e.g. consulting, market research and health care professional contracts), Confidential Disclosure Agreements, amongst others.
- Develop & maintain templates for standard agreements in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver training content related to standard agreements to Business Partners.
- Develop and maintain content for FAQs on standard agreement templates and processes.
- Respond to queries from Business Partners regarding issues with agreements and act as a liaison with the different departments to ensure effective issue resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the agreements by effectively using the company’s contract lifecycle management platform.
- Manage the Power of Attorney process for the region as required.
- Fulfil any other requirement as reasonably required by Legal Services from time-to-time.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree of law from an Australian accredited university or international equivalent.
- Current unrestricted Victorian legal practicing certificate or an ability to obtain one.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of agreements in a law firm or corporate setting.
- Biotech or pharmaceutical experience is a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Japanese or other Asian language is a plus, however, other suitable candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work independently with internal Legal Partners, Business Partners and external parties with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage agreements through its lifecycle from start through execution independently with minimal supervision.
- Eye for detail and ability to work collaboratively in an international environment.
How to Apply:
Applications must address selection criteria and include a current CV and cover letter.
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability evaluation process.