|Job Type:||Full Time|
With our current workload and future opportunities, we are seeking to appoint a highly experienced Project Manager to join our team based in Northland working on the NZTA Northern Framework – Tarewa Intersection Project.
As our new Project Manager, you will ensure the effective running of the project by providing technical assistance on all engineering requirements. As a key part of our construction team you will report to the Regional Manager and your role will involve the management of specific projects, delivering on project requirements, optimising resource use in order to achieve the following outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have extensive civil infrastructure experience preferably in a New Zealand environment and sound practical project experience, be highly responsive and appreciate the need to move quickly.
To do this you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years + Project Management experience, tertiary qualified
- Excellent project management skills coupled with strong organisational and planning skills
- Sound financial project management skills and competent in robust cost to complete processes
- Leadership skills
- Strong subcontractor management skills
- The ability to programme and plan work which includes interfaces with several different parties and work collaboratively
- Preparing site reports, proposals and impact assessments
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of the project
- Strong communication and relationship building especially with sub-contractors
- Reading designs mandatory and knowledge ability with CAD an advantage
- Experience and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Project and quality management systems
- The ability to stay calm under pressure, connect the dots and be innovative in your approach
- An understanding of HS&E processes and legislation in a project environment
- Solution not problem focused
In return we offer:
A commitment to enhancing your skills and grow your career. As Downer have a large national and international presence, when you join Downer you are setting yourself up for a very solid career ahead. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment. We provide comprehensive training, a pay package reflective of your skills and experience, and all the tools of trade you need to do your job.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 569887 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.