|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world-class platform to fight financial crime to keep our community and customers safe from the bad guys. Our engineering teams are at the centre of this fight and we need the best minds to combat the ever-growing threat of organised crime.
Your new role awaits
We are looking for a Cloud Application Support Analyst who has proven experience working in a fast-paced environment. The Analyst will be focused on running better production systems by defining engineering approaches that deliver operational best practice.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues. Your day to day role will include:
- Work with team to implement highly-available and scalable architectures for core and other domain integration components of the KYC Service
- Solve availability/performance Incidents and build software-based solutions to proactively improve productivity. Raise problem records to be sent to the demand/delivery team.
- Ensure no production change will result in any degradation of agreed service reliability or performance objectives.
- Implement metrics, monitoring, and incident response processes
- Align with/improve, change management and capacity planning processes
- Monitor levels of manual effort and drive improvement through automation and stability
- Monitor dashboards using Splunk, AppDynamics and other tools.
- Be aware of and responding to (reactively & proactively), production degradation of Service level objectives following SLAs.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call
- Contribute as part of a Scrum team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with primary focus to operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, incident response, capacity planning, etc.)
- Work on AWS components, ECS, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Kong, OAuth, serverless technologies, Node.js, etc.
- Work in an agile environment, attending stand-ups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Working knowledge in RDS (PostgresSQL, Oracle) & NoSQL databases is a plus
- Understanding of frontend technologies like Angular, ReactJS is desired
- Work closely with scrum masters, asset designers and data consulting team to determine platform requirements and priorities.
Experienced in software development or support using Agile practices
Application support/development experience in the following:
- Medium to large distributed systems
- Experience working in AWS environment is a must. Our solution is based on Microservices, APIs, oAuth, Kafka, serverless technologies. Hands-on experience on all or some of these components is a required
- Systems Engineering / Monitoring
- System & Application recovery & restoration
- Maven, Gradle and GitHub or similar (SCM/Build frameworks)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment frameworks (Jenkins / Hudson)
- ServiceNow/Remedy experience
We know that life’s about more than money. That’s why we’re so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch Financial Crime Prevention platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers.