|Location:||Perth, Port Hedland, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Infrastructure Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
Downers Transport Projects division has long term secured Rail Maintenance and Construction projects across WA. Due to continued growth we are building a team to conduct secured ongoing works in 2020.
Opportunities will be on varying FIFO rosters and we will be offering predominately full-time casual with some casual opportunities. Preference for Pilbara locals or WA FIFO however interstate applicants encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Prepare, plan, setup rail and welding process (machine / AT process)
- Operate Mobile Flash Butt Welder and/or perform Aluminothermic (AT) weld process
- Check conformance of welds
- Cut and grind rail
- Operate and maintain mobile plant, equipment and company vehicles safely
- Ensure that all technical, safety procedures and contract specific requirements are followed
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Perform general track maintenance as required
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Nationally accredited Welding Qualification (TLIW3015 or TLIW3016)
- Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure (TL121315)
- Demonstrate capability in Flash-butt and/or AT welding in Rail Maintenance / Construction environment
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and effective communication skills
- HR Truck licence
- HRWL and Plant Operator license (desirable)
- Experience within a Rio Tinto safe working and operating rules (desirable)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Long term Rail Maintenance contracts with major Miners in WA
- Large scale Perth based Rail construction projects worth over $900Million
- Maintenance contracts with ARC Infrastructure
- Perth based maintenance work
- Continuous capital projects work covering Rail Maintenance shutdowns / Renewals work across WA
- The above work fronts / volume create certainty for our employers. Permanent opportunities and casual opportunities with continuance of work
- Long term contracts mean we can invest in our staff with additional training and upskilling / genuine promotional opportunities meaning benefits for Downer and our staff
- Commitment to safety of all our workers and innovation in the way we conduct our work
Downer is dedicated to nurturing our people personally and professionally through skills development, competitive benefits, career pathways and fostering a proudly diverse fun and supportive workplace culture. Downer believes in our people; and we are committed to ensuring that you feel valued within the team that share the same passion to succeed.
HOW TO APPLY
- To register your application; please use the link and apply online as applications sent directly to the recruitment team will not be valid.
- If you require further information on this great opportunity, please contact the recruitment team via email email@example.com
- If you have recently applied for this role, there is no need to reapply as we have your details on file.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES