|Job Type:||Full Time|
Distribution Centre Design Manager - NSW
- National role
- Excellent flexible working options (also open to part time)
- Drive industry leading ‘firsts’ transforming fulfilment design in Australia & New Zealand
- Sydney (Norwest) based with great perks!
Founded in 1924, Woolworths Group is Australia's largest retailer with more than 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, drinks, general merchandise and hotels. The Woolworths Group is a proud, home-grown Australian business, employer of more than 205,000 people and a committed business partner of many thousand local farmers, producers and manufacturers. Each of us have an important role to play. At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it and we breathe it.
Every decision we make is designed with our customers, teams and safety at the heart. Our Supply Chain processes are always changing to adjust to the ever evolving needs of our customers and the need for ultimate convenience, even more so in the current societal climate. There has never been a better time to join Woolworths as we grow and transform in our offering to customers.
The utilisation of technology and the speed in which we operate are truly transforming the Supply Chain landscape in Australia & New Zealand and in this role, you’ll be at the forefront of initiating this change. The thinking is fresh and the way we do things is new and industry leading. In this role, you will adopt an innovative design lens supporting projects in Australia and New Zealand across all of our brands.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Leading the development and delivery of distribution and fulfilment centre designs to meet our customer, safety and operational objectives
- Undertaking data analysis, research and design to support development for existing & future Distribution Centres (DCs), Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs), and Micro Fulfillment Centres (MFCs)
- Lead the evaluation of alternative facility concept layouts including automation solutions with the support of project teams and external consultants
- Leading the development of DC operating cost statements and requirements to underpin project business cases
- Providing expertise in specification and procurement of MHE and Automation systems
- Stakeholder engagement in relation to design and safety through the full project lifecycle - concept to realisation
- Supporting optimisation of existing distribution and fulfilment centre activities
- Focusing on safety development in design and concept
- Collaboration and consultation with peers and subject matter experts.
You’ll be joining a team that is supportive and generous with their time, customer focused and driven to succeed with achieving the best outcomes for our customers and for our business.
Who we’re looking for
The suitable candidate will have:
- A driven personality with the desire to contribute to a world class team in an open and collaborative environment
- The ability to inspire and lead teams through the design journey instilling advocacy at all levels
- Executive relationship management, communication and influencing skills
- A self-learning style adaptive to work in an ever changing and faced paced environment
- Facility/supply chain design experience including automation
- Experience in Retail, FMCG and/or e-Commerce industries an advantage.
- Ideally a Bachelor degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business or other area
- A functional understanding of AutoCAD
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Located at Norwest (Bella Vista), we have great support office facilities including free parking, on-site gym, sports courts, cafeteria, a metro store and exciting activities throughout the week
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + bonus
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Flexibility and work-life balance policies that will support you to thrive
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.