|Job Type:||Full Time|
Development Opportunities for Future Leaders – Koodaideri
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Development opportunities for our Indigenous future leaders
- Signature leadership training programmes to develop and grow
For nearly 150 years, we have been producing materials essential to human progress – minerals and metals that are still part of everyday life, including the iron ore that shapes the skylines of cities around the world.
Partnering with our communities and Traditional Owners at every stage of our journey, we continue to learn and improve – always aspiring to create the safest, most efficient and sustainable operations that we can.
Next comes Koodaideri, a place that brings together everything we have learned to create a technically advanced iron ore mine – a new mine for a new way of working.
This is your opportunity to be at the pioneering edge of mining.
At Koodaideri your voice matters. We are building a new generation mine with a family of talented people at its heart.
About the role
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.
Our Koodaideri Operational Readiness team are looking for Fixed Plant and Mining employees that can be our next leaders. Join our Supervisor Development Program as we ramp up our teams for the start of operations.
We welcome applications from Indigenous team members ready to take on a leadership position and advance their career.
Come and work for a business where Indigenous people are in leadership roles, youth are supported to be the strong leaders of tomorrow and there is a strong focus on employee retention and development.
You’ll be developed into Supervisor tasks such as recruiting staff, reviewing designs, systems and processes to ensure they are safe, compliant and commercially sound. We’ll also be asking you to identify constraints, optimise assets and site production.
What you’ll bring
- Proactive, visible and authentic safety leadership and a passion for developing yourself and others
- Your ability to liaise with a diverse and large stakeholder group
It’s not crucial, but would be terrific if you have any of the below:
- Fixed plant, Mining, Manufacturing, Supply Chain or heavy industry experience
- Knowledge of statutory requirements within the mining environment
- Maintenance tactics and condition monitoring experience
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Structured in house leadership training and development, pathways into Supervisors and future Superintendent positions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, sick leave, paid parental, special/community leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications for this role will close June 7th 2020 however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto, it begins with you.