|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- LPIC or equivalent experience working with Linux (Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo) or Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, BSD) or other similar OS.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware/network issues using Linux tools.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25kg of equipment as required.
- Experience leading project teams on larger installations and developing project contingency plans.
- Knowledge of intermediate OS, PC hardware and networking concepts, tools and protocols.
- Ability to handle manual movement and installation of racks, and to work with cutting-edge infrastructure.
About the jobGoogle isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of engineers committed to building and operating powerful data centers.
- Install new servers, switches, routers and other networking gear.
- Help to test and troubleshoot new server/network hardware components.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues.
- Resolve issues with broken equipment with little to no escalation.
- Cover on-call responsibilities as needed.