|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Fantastic opportunity for full time permanent Category Specialist to deliver effective procurement outcomes
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practice social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically the role will based either in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth (location is flexible to suit you)
Apply your talent where it counts as a Category Specialist in our team based in either Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible to establish, place and manage the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirements of the business whilst maintaining the relationship and performance to maximise value and minimise risk.
Initially this role will focus on labour hire and recruitments categories, hence domain knowledge and experience in this area will be highly desirable.
More specifically, you will
- Be responsible to develop, implement and grow strategies through the knowledge of domestic and international supply markets, trend and spend analysis for designated category
- Manage and lead supplier evaluation process, conduct commercial negotiation and finalise supplier agreement to meet quality, service, flexibility and cost advantage
- Leverage total buying scope in designated categories and investigate other affiliate and global procurement's scale, skills, knowledge and resources
- Identify and manage category, supplier risks and work with business to develop future demand forecasts, analyse internal requirements and external markets
- Build and promote “best practice” processes and source across business for designated category to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in procurement roles within a complex environment, preferably within an engineering/defence organisation
- Sound commercial skills and acumen with proven capability in negotiations couples with strong relationship management with suppliers and vendors
- Familiarity and experience in the development and negotiation of contracts with keys/product categories, especially in labour hire and recruitment area
- A track record of successful delivery of key supplier obligations maximising cost savings with
- Strong understanding on cost drivers and market forces with excellent influencing and communication skill
Whilst not essential, degree qualification in engineering or commercial discipline with professional procurement qualification or a membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS) is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.