|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on our customers’ faces.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst to join our Pricing & Better Buying team, a support function within the Commercial division of Supermarkets. Our team of analysts are trusted business partners to a wide group of stakeholders and help develop and deliver the strategic direction of the business.
This role is based at our Norwest Support Office in Bella Vista.
Key responsibilities include:
- Framing problems, gathering and analysing complex data, and developing insights and recommendations to support the Pricing & Better Buying team’s mandate within the business
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the Commercial team, by injecting analytical rigour and innovative thinking into the issues the business faces, and proactively finding and landing opportunities to add value
- Scoping, developing and maintaining various solutions for the business, including models, reports and dashboards
- Contributing to the knowledge environment within the Pricing & Better Buying team and the broader Commercial team, including training team members and business partners in new concepts and solutions
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Tertiary education in a relevant field
- At least 5 years of experience in data analytics, pricing or a commercial role, in a fast paced retail or FMCG environment
- Ability to manage large data sets and develop complex analyses
- Ability to draw on data and analyses to develop actionable insights and recommendations
- High proficiency in MS Excel / Google Sheets and MS Powerpoint / Google Slides
- Experience with ETL solutions, SQL / Google Dataprep and BigQuery, and Tableau desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to establish and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Strong delivery focus, time management skills and commitment to timelines
- “Can do” attitude in the face of challenges
What we can offer you
- Attractive remuneration package - including base salary, super and annual bonus
- Added benefits - including staff discounts, flexibility to work from different sites, healthcare, social club and much more
- Tech options - Woolworths are the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have Bring Your Own Device options too
- Work variety - the opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable projects
- Training and education - we pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.