|Job Type:||Full Time|
In 2019 Woolworths Group announced the intention to create a new entity, Endeavour Group, through the restructure and merger of our drinks and hospitality businesses, to be followed by a separation of the new entity. With sales revenue of $10 billion, a team of over 20,000, 1500 stores and 330 hotels nationally, Endeavour Group will be well positioned as an ASX Top 50 Company and the largest integrated drinks and hospitality business in Australia. Endeavour Group includes the brands of BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Pinnacle Wines, Jimmy Brings, and the ALH hotel chain.
About the role
As a result of this restructure a unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced tax professional to join Endeavour Group at this exciting time in its evolution. Initially this role will sit within the Woolworths Group tax function but the role will transfer to the Endeavour Group closer to the separation in 2021 and will be part of a small tax team that will sit within the corporate finance function of the Endeavour Group.
This role will primarily be responsible for helping to manage the taxation affairs of the Endeavour Group but, up until the time of separation, will from time to time also work on tax issues impacting the broader Woolworths Group.
- Provide tax advice to the Endeavour business units on a wide range of income tax matters
- Providing ad-hoc advice on other matters such as payroll tax, GST, WET as required from time to time
- Assist in project work regarding acquisitions and restructures
- Designing and implementing changes to accounting and tax compliance systems in response to changes in tax laws
- On-going review and improvement of tax software systems
- Coordination, review and lodgement of the Endeavour Group’s income tax and FBT returns
- Understanding the process around the preparation of the monthly BAS
- Ensuring that the tax effect accounting process for half year and full year reporting is completed accurately and efficiently
- Forecast the tax cashflow of the Endeavour Group, including calculating and arranging for the payment of the monthly PAYG
- Identifying and resolving taxation risks and technical issues regarding income tax, FBT, GST and WET
- Liaising and responding to ATO queries, risk reviews and managing ATO relationships
You’re currently an CA/CPA qualified tax professional with at least 6 years experience in a large accounting firm and/or large ASX listed corporate business who is looking to take on a new challenge that requires strong analytical skills and tax technical expertise.
You have excellent understanding of income tax legislation and principles & are experienced in working with tax reporting and compliance software (e.g One Source, Integrator).
With clear & effective communication & strong interpersonal skills, you build long-lasting business relationships, able to negotiate and influence cross-functional stakeholders.
You are passionate about being part of a team environment in a collaborative and consultative manner
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You