|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Supervisor Processing Production in the Processing Production team your duties will include:
- Build capability to operate in different areas of the plant including crushing, conveyors and train loading
- Conduct control room functions as required
- Complete Shift Operating Schedules to the required standard
- Embrace the “Plant Owner” or “Operator Driven Reliability” concepts by taking ownership of the plant and driving both faults and potential faults to completion
- Monitor operations/processes and undertake housekeeping inspections within defined parameters
- Take responsibility to identify and find solutions for day-to-day problems
- Liaise with other sections to coordinate activities, including fitters and electricians
- Document all issues requiring follow up and handover as necessary to the next shift
- Operation of mobile equipment, including but not limited to loaders, forklifts, excavators and cherry pickers
- Accurate completion of documentation and data entry where necessary and that all equipment used is calibrated
- Review and request updates to Work Management and other Master Data as required to ensure timely and accurate execution of work orders (e.g. capturing time and attendance as well as all transactional data about work performed)
- Provide relief supervision within the limits of competence and training
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Experience in a large scale open pit mining operation preferred
- Light machinery experience (forklift, excavators, loaders) highly regarded
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
- Self-motivated with an ability to work unsupervised
- HR Drivers licence preferred but C class manual drivers licence essential
You will be based at our ‘Jimblebar’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 8 days on, 20 days off job share roster. Jimblebar is the first Greenfield mine in over 40 years to be both developed and operated by BHP Billiton Iron Ore and is located 40kms North East of Newman, Western Australia. The outstanding facilities at the brand new FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, golf driving nets, outdoor cinema, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court; beach volleyball court, games room and TV lounge. All rooms at the village have access to 3G wireless internet and Skype, an ensuite bathroom, flat screen television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options and a generous paid parental leave policy, which now includes Superannuation contributions during parental leave.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
Reference Number – 60976