|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A great opportunity to work in a supportive and goal orientated team
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- 12-month Fixed Term Opportunity
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically this role is based in Sydney, NSW
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a Functional Analyst to join our Information Management and Technology (IM&T) team based the Sydney, NSW.
Our IM&T department provides sustainable, best in class, end-to-end services to our customers throughout Australia. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
As the Functional Analyst, you will be responsible for system design support, configuration of application modules, system verification, triage and resolution of support requests, configuration management and system administration.
You will support the team to deliver projects within the Maritime Sustainment innovation strategy.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Create, develop, configure modules for application objects and components
- Assist in the design and configure test cases for unit tests, integration and acceptance, perform unit & integration tests
- Validate solutions against business or customer requirements, and support development and delivery of plans for business or customer acceptance
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries
- Contribute to identifying and resolving application malfunctions
- Develop and contribute to the definition of general specifications and support documentation
- Assist in adapting and configuring application software packages
- Participate in the monitoring performance against quality assurance plans, SLAs and service continuity
- Provide guidance and advice on lessons learnt and continuous improvement initiatives to maximise continuous deployment
- Provide status updates to contribute to monthly reporting
- Assist with change management activities when required
- Ensure that Configuration Management processes are appropriately defined and adhered to
- Ensure the detailed configuration of the solution remains known and under control, and the product configuration can be accurately reported on request
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Knowledge in the IFS ERP product
- Basic understanding of SQL and associated technical skills
- Sound analysis and problem solving skills
- System administration experience
- The ability to understand complex business rules and clearly communicate them to technical experts
- The ability to relate to application users, subject matter experts and technical staff using language that is appropriate to the audience
- Experience writing and maintaining technical documentation including functional specifications, solution options, process flows and test cases
- The ability to perform business process mapping, requirements gathering, gap analysis, and data solution analysis ensuring they accurately reflect the needs of the business as well as being managed for traceability, change and reuse
- The ability to make useful recommendations for enhancements to active processes
- Experience supporting stakeholders in application management processes, demonstrating effective communication and the ability to prioritise
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Whilst not essential, a tertiary degree in Information Technology will be an advantage.
As defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.