|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our goal is to build a world-class fraud prevention platform to keep our community and customers safe from the bad guys. Our engineering teams are at the centre of this fight and we need the best minds to combat the ever-growing threat of financial crime.
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Collaborative & challenging fast paced culture
- Build your career at NAB
Your new role awaits
As a Senior Analyst, Performance Engineer on the team, you would build robust automated test solutions that support the verification of new products and our engineering processes. You’d work across multiple squads collaborating with individual developers and manager engineers on unit test strategy, test solutions and help identify code coverage targets. Your day to day role will include:
- Driving a culture that enables the team to deliver fast, efficient, and responsive systems architected for large-scale populations of customers, employees, regulators, managers, and more
- Providing consultation to development and operational teams, building performance into products and help identify root cause issues/resolutions to performance problems within the existing platforms.
- Developing tools / or dashboards to analyse performance characteristics of:
- Native mobile apps, including device statistics
- Different microservices
- Opportunities to work with the vertical service and wider domain to optimise strategies for usage workloads:
- Reducing calls to interfaces / backends
- Asynchronous service designs
- Container and Application Runtime
- Cloud technologies
- Ensuring a solution will be designed, implemented, and operationally supported to meet non-functional requirements for performance (examples include throughput, latency, or memory usage)
- Focus on performance from a Customer Experience perspective and providing confidence into production deployments, ensuring that customer usage growth can be supported by the architecture/solution
- Ensuring Design / Architecture changes are assessed for operational performance risks such as impacts to Capacity, Reliability, Scalability and Transaction Performance
- Validating non-functional requirements post deployment by monitoring production systems and comparing them to in flight development activities
- Review Java code and solution on; correct testing process, design for stories, & software development practices design decisions
- Working with business analysts to ensure requirements are clear as well as offering technical input into the requirements process
- Working with DevOps, to ensure the availability, reliability, performance & security of the platform
- Continuous innovation in development practices, team processes and data management
- Regularly present to internal colleagues/stakeholders and external meet-ups/conferences
- Regularly lead refactoring workshops/activities, to continuously address technical debt and keep the platform evergreen
- Provide cutting edge direction, by building a flexible solution that can be adapted/upgraded and staying in touch with the industry
- Strong experience in client delivery management and/or professional services
- Experience with Performance Engineering and chaos engineering
- Experience in client-side automated performance monitoring against native mobile apps, including device statistics monitoring
- Understand how to design/architect a platform for the greatest performance and being able to understand the full distributed technology stack.
- Solid understanding in analysis techniques to isolate root cause associated with web and application in general use and at scale.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration and related practices and ideas
- Experience working in Agile environments and practicing Continuous Deployment and Integration
- Experience across full software development lifecycle: Analysis, Development, Testing, Configuration
- Management, Deployment and Release
- Experienced in Performance Testing Tools (JMeter, Performance Centre, Gatling)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (such as Nagios, CA Wily Introscope, Splunk)
- Software development, programming or scripting languages (Java, J2EE, Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell Node.js, Groovy, Go)
- Linux administration (Debian, Ubuntu and RHEL) and standard UNIX utilities and programs
- Configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef or Ansible)
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- Database technologies (Oracle)/ SLQ skills
- Automation and Collaboration (Jenkins, Atlassian Suite)
Your new team
We are part of the NAB Melbourne based technology team with an inclusive and friendly workplace that includes engineers from diverse backgrounds. We value a culture of learning, agility, openness, honesty and continuous improvement.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.