|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be responsible for driving the success of this specialised portfolio of Not-For-Profit (Faith) and Government clients
- Take the challenge and lead with innovation whilst driving the strategy for Government, Education & Community (GEC) business in Victoria
- Build new to bank customer relationships & maintain existing relationships
Our vision is to be Australia's leading bank, trusted by customers for exceptional service. This vision is underpinned by putting customers at the heart of everything we do, becoming trusted partners in their businesses and their personal dreams and their day to day communities. We back the bold who move Australia forward, but first and foremost, we get the basics right to deliver what we promise, making it easy to deal with us.
The Associate Director role will have a focus on the Not-For-Profit (Faith) and Government sectors. It will see you partnering and providing solutions for large religious organisations and local government across Victoria. This exciting opportunity will provide the opportunity for you to lean on your natural ability to be innovative and strategic to ensure success within these important and evolving sectors. Working within a team of highly capable bankers who specialise in their respective fields, you will collaborate extensively in Victoria and with GEC colleagues interstate.
What will my role look like?
- Help develop and execute upon the strategy for new and existing business development, to ensure delivery of the B&PB business plan
- First line credit and risk accountability within DCA
- Support the delivery of the local area’s performance as measured through NPS, financial metrics and employee engagement
- Work with the Managing Partner GEC and the broader GEC team to build NAB’s reputation as a leading banker of Not-For-Profits and local councils.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- A sound understanding of financial markets and deposit and debt products, and how these can be structured and applied
- A broad understanding of NAB products and services and how these can assist our customers operate efficiently and successfully within their segments
- Proven ability to collaborate widely across organisations to obtain the best outcome for our customers
- The ability to provide technical advice and guidance to customers and other departments regarding debt products and deal structuring
- Substantial experience gained via working in a major financial institution or investment bank in either corporate finance or relationship management
Your experience in seeking to understand your customer’s needs deeply by embedding yourself as a trusted partner and going above and beyond will impress. Trusted for the way you operate, and putting the customer at the heart of everything you do will be considered the basics…..you deliver on what you promise and make doing business with NAB easier.
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers in Australia and around the world we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer for LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI , endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180 , have an African Australian Inclusion Program. We offer access to a wide range of employee benefits, from education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts. For more information please visit us here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.