|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We have a unique opportunity for a import operator to assist in our International Freight Forwarding department.
About the role
Role Location: North Fremantle, WA
Role Type: Full time
- Assisting with all documentation relating to Import Freight Operations
- Registering import shipments via Expedient software system
- Preparing paperwork for shipment, as required
- Liaise with import clients on all aspects relating to their cargo including forwarding shipments and obtaining release numbers from shipping companies for the collection of empty containers
- Liaise with relevant terminals and depots upon cargo delivery regarding the unloading, packing and importing of cargo on behalf of customers as/ when required.
- Assist in preparing import documentation to facilitate the packing of containers
- Receive and resolve general freight forwarder inquires, seeking assistance where applicable
- Assist in preparing import & export documentation to facilitate the packing of containers
- Liaise with the transport department and forward relevant documentation to arrange for packed container to be delivered to the designated wharf for import.
- Generate final manifest for import unpacks and liaise with clients accordingly
- Assist with the entry of data into internal Maximas systems relating to container arrival and releases
- Be willing to work in a team within all areas of the business
- Ad hoc duties as required by your Manager
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following;
Qualifications and Experience
- Successfully completed Secondary education
- 2-3 years’ freight forwarding &/or operational experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of freight forwarding and supply chain required
Key Competencies / Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- Good Organisational skills
- Intermediate MS Office suite skills
- Preferred ICS/ Expedient experience
- Ability to implement and deliver within a fast-paced team
- Computer literate to intermediate level with ability to quickly learn new systems
- Work collaboratively and harmoniously as a part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
- Access to QubeCare our employee wellbeing program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A commitment to develop you to your full potential
- Performance based bonus
- Competitive remuneration
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We understand that our people have different work, life and family responsibilities. We are flexible at Qube, so talk to us about a flexible and efficient work approach.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.
Please include 2 references in your application.
You will be required to meet Qube employment criteria which involves a full functional pre-employment medical assessment and may involve a police and criminal history check.