|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: West Kalgoorlie
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Salary Package in accordance with enterprise agreement
- Multiple positions available
- Australia’s largest rail freight operator
- Pathway to a great career
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for Freight Operators to join our West Kalgoorlie depot and provide operational maintenance and support to optimise the maintenance activities which will include the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the loading and unloading of customer's products are carried out efficiently and safely;
- Inspect rollingstock for faults;
- Rectify minor faults on rollingstock;
- Conduct brake testing of trains;
- Effectively communicate with other depot personnel face to face and via two-way radio;
- Undertake shunting and marshalling of trains.
- C Class Manual Drivers Licence (mandatory);
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Strong problem solving and communication skills;
- A willingness to work a 24/7 roster and shift lengths of up to 12 hours.
As a part of the company's recruitment and selection process shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake psychometric testing, and successfully pass a pre-employment health assessment that will involve drug and alcohol screening
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 72524), please contact Satty Rai on 07 3019 2121