|Job Type:||Full Time|
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a full-time, maximum term contract (6 months), based at our Jandakot – Prinsep Road depot.
Please note short-term regional/remote travel will be required on an as-needed basis.
About the Role:
Primarily operating within the 3 month to 12 month horizon, this position is responsible for preparing, planning and scoping Transmission overhead lines work. You will establish site conditions, task requirements, work methodology, network condition, landowner impact and materials validation to support efficient downstream scheduling and dispatch activities.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Relevant tertiary or trade-based qualifications or a minimum of 10 years demonstrated electrical line building background
- In depth knowledge of Transmission lines assets and construction work practices.
- Astute knowledge of the entire network and the requirements for scoping work
- Experience dealing with external customers
- An aptitude for coordination with good communication and interpersonal skills, complimented by a desire to develop influencing/negotiation skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships to a middle management level within a corporate environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems (Word, Excel & Outlook) and the capability to learn Western Power’s works management systems and other specialist applications.
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Salary: ASU EA Level 6.1P - $96,066 + 11% Superannuation
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 5 June 2020