Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Our Transport group employs more than 8,000 professionals who support clients with innovative solutions to efficiently move people and goods across the globe. We focus our efforts in Aviation, Bridge, Highway, Ports & Maritime, Planning Services, Transit & Rail and Tunnels.
Due to project wins in the WA region, we are seeking a Transport Design Manager to provide broad civil engineering and design management skills and capacity to the Transport Section.
The primary role will be responsible for project delivery, design management and project management, for positioning and winning projects involving a range of services. The role will be instrumental in collaborating with commercial, project management, engineering and design technical leaders to create opportunities for Jacobs to plan, develop, deliver and operate a range of projects.
The secondary role will manage the Road and Highways Team, in terms of team development and growth, building design capability and growing the transport portfolio.
- Qualified Civil Engineer from an accredited University with professional recognition by Engineers Australia
- Membership of Institute of Engineers Australia and Chartered Engineer Status/or actively working towards achieving within 6 months of start date
- Current knowledge of local engineering methods, applicable codes and specifications associated with road and highway engineering infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of planning and design process for road and bridge projects, with sound knowledge of current road design standards
- Understanding of Main Roads WA and AustRoads design standards including geometric design, barrier design, pavement and line marking design
- Experience with various aspects of the design process, construction methods and interface requirements of multi-disciplinary projects including but not limited to roads geometry, drainage, ITS and electrical, structures, noise walls and pavements
- Experience in management of multidisciplinary projects
- Liaison with clients including delivery partners
- Working understanding of design and drafting software packages including but not limited to AutoCAD, MX, OpenRoads
- Good interpersonal skills. Develops others and acts as mentor. Supports individual development and improvement and is positive about potential in others
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energises our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximise their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including professional/educational support, flexible work arrangements, salary sacrifice options, monthly social events or community involvement programs.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note\: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.