|Job Type:||Full Time|
Specialist Advisor, State Agreements, State Agreement and Approvals
- 12 month fixed term opportunity
- Integral part of a high performing team
- Perth based role
About the role
We are looking for an experienced State Agreements professional to join our State Agreement and Approvals team for a period of 12 months. Within this role, you will use your technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to determine the State Agreement approvals strategy and secure State Agreement approvals for Rio Tinto’s operations.
This position is accountable for the delivery of approvals and provision of strategic advice for all of Rio Tinto’s State Agreements. Based within Perth, and reporting to the Manager, State Agreements, the role broadly entails:
- Delivering complex State Agreement approvals and providing strategic advice on the State Agreement framework that governs Rio Tinto’s operations.
- Complying with notice, reporting and other requirements under the State Agreements.
- Effective communications with relevant stakeholders, including the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation.
- Working closely with internal business units and other approvals experts to determine the State Agreement strategy to align with relevant project schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written reports and documentation of a high standard.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A good understanding of the contractual and legislative framework of Western Australian State Agreements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Commerce, Science or related discipline.
- Strong project management and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written reports and documentation of a high standard and writing skills.
- Experience working within the Western Australian approvals regulatory regime in the resource sector.
- Sound negotiation and influencing skills.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.