|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a great opportunity to provide leadership and technical expertise for the health and wellbeing of nbn HFC Network.
A bit about the role
As a Technical Specialist, you will provide the technical interface for the NOC and nbn Customers to resolve complex service-affecting incidents with defined service level targets. You will work with various teams and provide input into Network planning, equipment deployment planning, and deployment managing and basic design of network instances.
You will establish and maintain open communications with internal and external stakeholders and maintain operational performance metrics within WBA SLA.
The role will see you:
- Be responsible for driving Problem Management to resolution and provide technical management of escalated incident management.
- Be the subject matter expert for HFC Network Assurance Operations
- Deploy software upgrades and configuration changes which underpins launch of new capabilities, technologies and products
- Network Elements and Element Management system acceptance into the production network as per required production software and configuration baseline
- Liaison with vendor technical support to resolve complex production incidents and problems
- Manage the program of works and the dependant implementation to facilitate project work as required by the wider business.
- Perform ongoing network administration and configuration management of the HFC network.
- Network Elements and Element Management system acceptance into the production network
- Contribute to the Training framework for O&MN in enabling a uniform and consistent skill level.
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will bring forth experience within the HFC access network. You will have hands-on working knowledge of DOCSIS, RF optical transmission, DHCP, TFTP, ToD, Auto config server(ACS), DNS.
- Proven Experience in Network Operations in telecommunications
- End-to-end knowledge of the HFC network.
- Field experience working on HFC networks is a plus
- Analog/Digital channel transmission and placement of CMTS carriers
- RF Spectrum fundamentals.
- Experience with ARRIS/CommScope CMTS- E6000 product
- Arris/CommScope DOCSIS Suite products (CORView, ServAssure)
- Experience with mentoring or coaching
- Experience in Networking, Routing & Switching would be a bonus but is not a must.
You should also be comfortable with change - nbn is a fast-moving organization with a lot of change and new challenges every day. We think it’s great, but understand it’s not for everyone
You will also have experience in resolving complex incident and problem tickets in a telecommunications and service provider network.
Your solid background will see you mentoring within the NOC environment.
Life at nbn
Please note that this role is available on a permanent basis.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team-building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have a fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.